Motion Tronic were tasked with removing an obsolete Mitsubishi plc as well as outdated relay logic card systems and replacing with Siemens S7 qty 2 PLC’s and qty 3 HMI’s as well as distributed I/O all communicating with each other on profinet. Our scope of work included and not limited to,
- Removal of existing electrical control systems
- Design and fabricate new control system
- Engineer PLC Software
- Engineer HMI Software
- Install new control system
- Commission new control system
- 24hrs /day standby technical support going forward
Certain existing cabling and switch gear including the existing floor standing cabinets for the carding line were reused to save costs.
A complete carding section including fiber pre-opener, blend bin, fine opener, hopper feeder, weight pan, carding machine, cross lapper and other peripheral equipment including 2 needler looms.